So I got a little taste of Philadelphia today. No, not in the Philly Cheesesteak kind of way. After sleeping in with Maria and Ruby, who camped out between my legs this morning for a good couple of hours, Maria and I went out shopping to Ikea. I haven’t been to Ikea in 2 years, so this was super exciting for me. I almost bought another comforter cover (308 thread count and satin weave!) but decided I didn’t want to dish out $59.99 for it. Although, if it so overcomes me, I may or may not end up getting it in the future. I did stick up on their food though. Especially their rum-infused marzipan chocolate bars.
We stopped by Chick-fil-A afterwards (my first time!) and then to Target and then drove around Philly. We stopped by the art museum and took pictures in the gazebos, but I’m not uploading pictures yet, so I have none to share. However, after our rendevous was over, we came home, got drunk (I’m still a little tipsy) and took literally hundreds of pictures on her Mac of the ridiculous nature.
And then we did drunk Zumba. Yes, drunk Zumba. I actually got a good workout, despite being a little slow on the uptake and messing up some steps due to my drunkeness. In fact, I’m pretty amazed I’m writing this so well right now. And now we’re cooking dinner. Well, Maria is – I’m blogging. And blasting Chingy. Ruby’s over in the corner napping and occasionally looking up and judging me.
I can’t wait for the rest of this week to unfold. I’m having a blast so far. There is so much gorgeous architecture in this city. And a plethora of hipsters and graffiti. I even saw a Banksy piece! And I drove by the Rocky steps, which I will probably be taking a ridiculous picture on in the future.
Anyway, Day 23: List your top 5 hobbies and why you enjoy them.
1. Photography. I mean, clearly. I think the reason I love it so much is because it’s just…beautiful. It’s instant gratification. When I take a really good photo I’m like FUCK, that is SO GOOD. THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM. Okay, kidding (sort of) but it’s that kind of feeling.
2. Writing. Again, it’s a sort of instant gratification. When I write something really good I’m like YES, this is nice. This deserves a medal. It has meaning.
3. Baking/Cooking. Instant gratification. But the best is when I cook or bake something that turns out really phenomenally and I get positive feedback from whoever I’m feeding it to. It’s like a huge ego boost. I really am narcissistic, aren’t I?
4. Artsy fartsy stuff. I’ve always been attracted to the arts. I love doing crafty things. I mean, come on. I’ve decorated the library in explosions of paper crafts twice already. If I can make stuff, I probably will. Plus, painting, drawing, etc? Yes, please.
5. Swimming/tanning. But not fake’n’bake tanning. I’m really huge on swimming in the summer. I swim at every opportunity I get – which as summers go by, seems to be less and less due to the work/school combo. However, last summer I got a lot of opportunities to this. We’ll see how this summer goes. But I LOOOOVE swimming. I feel at ‘home’ in the water. It’s soothing, calming, and relaxing to do nothing but float around in my pool all day. I have a good life.