I feel like it’s been forever and a day since I updated here. Work has been consuming my life, as well as various duties around the house and a little bit of tanning the other day because IT WAS HELLA SUNNY OUT! And I gotta start somewhere.
Today I picked up my mom’s Mother’s Day gift – a custom made cutting board from WMN Woodworking. It’s beautiful and I hope my mom actually uses it for it’s intended purpose. The first one I bought is too pretty to cut on, so we use it for foodography photos.
I also stopped at the Boston Tea Room – because I can’t go to downtown Ferndale and not go there – and bought a piece of opalite. It’s gorgeous and every time I add a new crystal to my collection, I can hear Alyza’s voice in my head calling me the crazy crystal lady. I’m not ashamed.
I also vacuumed the house while baking grapefruits. The only reason I’m mentioning this is because never have I loved vacuuming more than now that I have a Dyson. Seriously you guys. If you can afford it, or even if you can’t (save yo money) get a Dyson. It will change your life. ONCE YOU GO DYSON, YOU NEVER GO BACK. My Dyson is my baby. It makes everything smell so good and feel and look so clean. I feel like I’m treading on angel clouds afterward.
Speaking of angels, this morning there was a customer shopping with either her daughters or granddaughters and I could not stop staring at the girls. They were about 7-9 years old, I think fraternal twins (they were the same height). One was a plump redhead with a BEAUTIFUL rosy complexion and stunning ginger hair, and the other was a gorgeous blonde with a perfect nose. They were so beautiful, I felt slightly pedo staring so much. All I wanted to do was take 5000 pictures of them. And also swap hair with the redhead.
I just spent the last 3 hours baking lemon bars (that I can’t eat today cause I used all my points) and watching an episode of Felicity. Baking should count as exercise on Weight Watchers. Or at least the way I bake. I break a sweat, not even kidding. I’m a real baking beast! I thought about making lemon-coconut cupcakes as well, but decided that was too much work especially since I’m pretty sure people are going to be really excited about the lemon bars. Why, you ask? Because the person who asked me to make them is celebrating his birthday tomorrow and he’s been begging me to make lemon bars for him for probably 6 months. Also, HNI, J1B and me talked about lemonade and other lemon products last week and if I were HNI, I would be pretty fucking excited if I were reading this right now cause I’ll be getting lemon bars in my cubicle tomorrow. Just sayin’.
Anyway, so April seems like THE month for 30 day challenges, suddenly. There’s the ‘write a poem a day‘ challenge, which I think I MIGHT try out actually. That means I have to write 2 poems tonight. We’ll see how that goes. But that’s not the one I want to do on this blog. I discovered this 30 day challenge through Gloria on Youtube, and I approve. So here’s yesterday and today:
Day 1: 20 random facts about yourself
1. I’m infatuated with redheads. So I dye my hair red.
2. I want to do naughty things to Jim Parsons. And Tom Felton. and Jonathon Rhys Meyers. And Wentworth Miller. And Jacoby Shaddix. And Pierre Bouvier. And Eddie Redmayne. And Orlando Bloom but only as Legolas. Aaaand…Javier Bardem. There’s more…>_>
3. I love lemon anything. Hard candy? Give it here. Lemon cake, lemon pie, lemon whatever. Put it in my mouth. That’s what she said.
4. I have synesthesia. The grapheme-color kind. And also lexical-gustatory sometimes.
5. Billy Talent has been my favorite band for over a decade.
6. I’ve only ever traveled internationally by plane. How fancy, right? Hahaha.
7. I have an insatiability…when it comes to electronics. More specifically, with cameras. I always want to upgrade. It fills my mouth with a tension when I think about it.
8. Speaking of which, certain physical activities also fill my mouth with tension. One in particular produces (synesthetically) like a tense, blue cloud from the back of my throat up into the inside facing sides of my teeth.
9. I love reading good books. Especially good love stories – the kind that make me cry because they were so sad/damn good.
10. I purposely watch sad movies so I can cry.
11. I had dial-up internet until the end of 2009. It was a nightmare. It should be outlawed.
12. Every once in a while there will be a song on the radio that feels so summery, it gets me so energized that I have little dance sessions.
13. Sometimes I’ll just put on bikini tops for no other reason than to stare at my boobs in them. Yes, you read that right.
14. I have this innate feeling that I was born to lead.
15. I’ve always thought I don’t look good in lipsticks, but I’m starting to find that I actually do look good in them.
16. I like raunchiness. Sexualness doesn’t really phase me in a negative way.
17. I considered going to college to be a sex therapist.
18. I constantly daydream.
19. I often size up guys by imagining what it would be like to be married to them. Kinda like “omg what if that’s my future husband?” and so on.
20. I’m fiercely proud of my Romanian heritage, whether I show it or not. No, I’m not a vampire.
Day 2: Describe 3 legit fears and how they came to be.
1. Doctors/anything medical. I have no fucking idea. I’ve always been afraid of doctors, from my earliest memories. I feel like something terrible must’ve happened involving doctors in a past life or something. But I hate them. It takes a lot of gumption for me to go to the doctor for anything.
2. Going blind. Again, not sure how this one came to be but I think it might’ve been in 7th grade when my eye doctor told me my retina showed signs of detaching. My new eye doctor actually told me the same thing last year. I’ve been trying to freak out too much about that. I can’t do anything without my vision. It’s incredibly important for my field.
3. Snakes/bugs&critters. That’s kind of a given for most people though. I loathe spiders and centipedes and snakes. I can usually deal with spiders somewhat easily. But centipedes and snakes and other disgusting long bugs freak me out. A lot. Especially since I’ve seen a centipede do a FUCKING BACKFLIP.
Now that you have that image in your mind, hope you all have a good night. :)
I’ve still got 19 points left for today – I’m so proud of myself. And I had time to Zumba while THIS delicious looking Cheese & Onion Muffins recipe was a-cookin’ in the oven. I found it on foodgawker which is my favorite place to find recipes, and decided that I needed to make it ASAP. Unfortunately, due to the fact that it is night time, I could not take gorgeous pictures of these muffins, but none of them have been eaten yet (they were done at 9 PM) so I’ll take pictures tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy the picture off the recipe:
Furthermore, I ordered the matching laptop sleeve to my laptop over the weekend and it was delivered today in the most obnoxiously large box. I was like really, Wal-Mart? Really? I don’t need like 2/3 of a carry-on bag sized box for a flexible laptop sleeve that could’ve gone in like a pizza box. But whatever, at least I got the merch and it looks gorgeous and matches my laptop!
That’s pretty much all I got for tonight.
So besides finishing up season 2 of Felicity (which I will discuss in a bit) I also decided to make some tortilla personal pizzas! And I chronicled the process so I can share it with you guys!
Here is the “recipe” for my tortilla personal pizzas:
– 2 tortillas (I used spinach tortillas)
– choice of cheese (I used Havarti)
– 3 slices of turkey bacon, chopped
– 1/5 of a bell pepper, thinly chopped
– 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
– 8 pineapple chunks, cubed in 3rds
(Or, you can put whatever you want on your pizza.)
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Follow the below step by step pictures.
– Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until cheese starts looking cooked (but don’t overcook the tortillas!)
Step 1: Cover your tortillas with choice of cheese.
Step 2: Chop up your toppings.
Step 3: Take eyegasmic pictures of your toppings. Okay, I'm kidding. If you're using pineapple on your pizzas, it's easier if you chop up the cubes into 3rds.
Step 4: Pop those bitches in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 375. Take them out when they look pretty cooked and let cool for about 5 minutes before you slice them up and enjoy!
They turned out quite delicious, although the spinach tortillas kinda threw off the flavor. They’re a little strange tasting sometimes, not gonna lie. You gotta find the right foods to eat them with.
Anyway, so I watched the last 4 episodes of season 2 of Felicity today. I was so happy Felicity and Ben got back together! And in the last episode they finally had sex. I was like JESUS CHRIST THANK GOD. There was so much built up sexual tension between everyone this season that all the sexualness that happened in the last 4 episodes was just good for everybody involved. This show just again and again reminds me of myself and of my life. It’s so damn good, I feel everybody who didn’t watch it when it was one should get Netflix and watch it now. It’s so good I can feel it on my tongue!
And now it’s time to watch An Idiot Abroad: The Bucket List. Good night blogosphere!
Today’s 10 hour apparel production class went by kinda quickly. We spent it making knit slopers (IN MY OWN SIZE!). I think I’m going to do intimate apparel for my collection in this class. PANTIES ALL AROUND! *throws my box full of underwear in the air*
A.bot and I went out to The Hills Bar & Grille for lunch and I got their “Fish & Mac” which I think is a Friday special. It was really good. I feel bad that I somehow didn’t think to take a picture of the plate when it arrived, cause it was quite aesthetically pleasing. As well as gustatory. Mhmm.
When I came home, I made grapefruit bars. They didn’t turn out as delicious as the lemon bars I made a week ago. I’m going to attribute that to the grapefruit juice and the plain yogurt. They’re still good, though, don’t get me wrong. But lemon bars are still my favorite. In the process, I had half a large ruby red grapefruit left over, so I sliced it and took a picture of the slice.
After posting that on Facebook, I legitimately though about making a foodography blog as HNI continues to tell me to do. (And the game program chair. Although he mostly tells me I need to do photography exhibitions. So many compliments.) I know I’ve mentioned that a few times before, but the idea has latched on to my brain. I’m still toying with it, but it’s there – that should count for something. Not sure what I should name it though…
And now it’s time to feast my eyes with some Felicity. Maybe I’ll even sneak a movie in there. SPEAKING OF WHICH – I WANT TO GO TO SEE THE ARTIST REALLY FUCKING BAD. But I need a partner in crime to do it with cause going to the movies by yourself is kinda awkward. Reasons like this are why I need a manfriend. Just sayin’.