You know those songs that come on the radio or your shuffled playlist and you have to dance/sing/turn them up? The Real Slim Shady is one of those songs for me. Among many other Eminem songs. Also, this is the cutest Eminem gif ever:
It’s finally beginning to cool off here in Michigan. My mom and I went to the Renaissance Festival today and it was probably the coldest weather, at about 74 and blustery, we’ve experienced in all the years we’ve gone – although definitely not the shittiest, as we’ve gone during super gloomy and cloudy days.
This weather, however, has me simultaneously sad and excited for end of summer/fall season. Summer seems to have come and gone insanely quickly this year. We didn’t have any chart topping days that I can relish in reminiscing about. It was a pretty lame and rather under the radar kind of season. However, I did get a decent tan regardless of not having spent a massive amount of time outside. I’m actually kinda sad that I haven’t gone swimming since July. But I don’t think I can submerge my head beneath pool water while my nose is still healing.
Speaking of which, I bought a 14k gold hoop for my noise today at RenFest and I’m pretty excited to be able to wear it once I’m all healed up. I also bought these two gorgeous pendants – a sterling silver oyster with a black pearl in it and a sterling silver octopus with a white pearl for a head, both very large pearls – from this guy I got a sweet pirate ship pendant from last year. He gave me a discount as well because he remembered/liked me (and probably also because I was wearing my pirate ship). The only other things I bought were specialty honeys and fancy honey mustard that cleared out my sinuses.
One of my daily online activities includes browsing my Tumblr dash. Tonight I came across this spectular and wonderfully simple text picture:
Which reminded me of one of my all-time favorite Tumblr finds:
Seriously. I laugh or at least smile every single time I see that. And I have been using “calm yo tits” ever since. Which reminds me of another term I (used to) use: dingleberry(ies). My friend Betsy sent me a custom made “Dingleberry” button she made with her button maker a few years ago. I also bought a “DINGLEBERRIES” pot from the Michigan Renaissance Festival about 2 or 3 years ago. I store candy in there. Currently, I have a half eaten baggie of penis-shaped mints (gift) and some honey filled hard candies from the RenFest this past year.
I also just came across this picture and it reminded me of:
1. How much I still wish I had a personal hair-player.
2. That conversation about someone playing with your hair is perverted with Job 1 Mini Boss and HNI. I still think that’s ridiculous. JUST BECAUSE IT’S PLEASURABLE DOESN’T MEAN IT’S PERVERTED.
3. But damn, WHY CAN’T I HAVE SOMEONE IN MY LIFE WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH MY HAIR?! I’ll give you $5…
Speaking of Job 1 Mini Boss and HNI:
1. Today in Mini Boss’s class, we had a field trip to Haberman Fabrics in downtown Royal Oak and I spent $55 on samples. But about $20 of that was on 4 yards of the this gorgeous and simple red and white striped cotton remnant. It’s calling me to make a jacket of skirt out of it. I can hear it.
2. So HNI knows about this blog, which may inevitably mean he knows it’s him I’m talking about, which means this is acknowledgement is kinda awkward, amusing, and ever so slightly inappropriate. And I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that, but it’s hard to restrain not discussing certain people in my life when they make me happy, so I can’t just leave him out of here forever. YA KNOW? YOU GOTTA HIGHLIGHT YOUR BRIGHT SPOTS.
Let me just start off with saying that my boobs look amazing right now.
Now that I still have that on my chest [
hahaha, get it? I make myself LOL] I would like to rant a little bit about cocky people. I find it incredibly interesting when a person goes around claiming they’re really good at something and then blowing opportunities given to them to actually show how good they are. Furthermore, and most importantly, I not only find it interesting, but incredibly hilarious when someone is questioning me or anyone who isn’t in their field about something that should be uh…common knowledge in their field of study. I mean really. Step up or move over, bitch.
Anyway, I’m sort of beginning to freak out about 2 things:
1. The amount of homework/finals work I have to do.
I still need to finish my psychology “mini exam” and although I started on my research paper, I still have 7.5 pages to go. This class is fucking shit. I can’t wait to rip it and the teacher a new one in the reviews.
I also need to fix my couture patterns and start cutting and piecing that together.
2. The persistent cough I’ve had since February or March that 2 doses of antibiotics did not kill.
Antibiotic resistent bullshit? I think so. I’m so over this. I just want to be normal me again. I’m sick of sounding like a fucked up car motor when I cough. I kind of want to go to a pulmonary specialist.
Additionally, I’m not sure what I want to be for Halloween this year. Not that I have anywhere to go except school. But I will dress up. Even if it’s my last resort – a cat. It’s always easy to be a cat. I originally wanted to be an arctic fox because there’s this vendor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival that sells genuine fox tails and makes fox ear headbands and although I didn’t buy either cause they were too expensive, I was planning on going to her website and buying them from there. But since I’ve already shopaholiced my bank account, I’m going to have to pass on it. My cat headband can double as panda ears…maybe I’ll be a SKANKY PANDA!
THIS IS THE SKANKY PANDA LOOK