I finally had a day off where I could do things for me. THANK GOD.
I woke up at 11, stared at my drapes, and decided it was time for new ones. So post gym time, I hit up Joann’s and bought fabric and whipped them up before I unlocked level 1000 of homemaker status via baking pumpkin cheesecake, mini pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin pudding. #wifey (Seriously though, reasons I’d make a good wife…)
I also went to Best Buy to play with their DSLR’s and gauge what I want to upgrade to. As I was talking to the camera girl, she mentioned that the Nikon d7100 will be released this Sunday and opened up the cabinet it was in to let me see the box. A few minutes later, she took it out, mounted it, and LET ME PLAY WITH IT. I WAS SO EXCITED, IF YOU CAN’T TELL.
Lowdown: it’s fucking amazing! It’s being sold as body only, although you can get it with the 18-105 mm lens. I WANT IT. I’m thinking of upgrading to this beast. I still need to sell my d3000 though.
I also got my new glasses from Coastal in the snail mail today and I love them!
And lastly, I just watched episode 1 of season 5 of Mad Men and IT WAS EXCELLENT. LOL at the following parts:
– At Don’s surprise party:
Roger: “Why don’t you sing like that?”
Jane: “Why don’t you look like him?”
– Peggy chillin’ with Joan’s baby and Peter walks in and asks “What’s that?”
– Peter telling his secretary to pencil in a fake meeting with Coca Cola at 6 AM on Staten Island, knowing that Roger will see it
– ROGER ACTUALLY GOING TO SAID FAKE MEETING LOLOLOLOL FOREVERRR
I just spent the last 3 hours baking lemon bars (that I can’t eat today cause I used all my points) and watching an episode of Felicity. Baking should count as exercise on Weight Watchers. Or at least the way I bake. I break a sweat, not even kidding. I’m a real baking beast! I thought about making lemon-coconut cupcakes as well, but decided that was too much work especially since I’m pretty sure people are going to be really excited about the lemon bars. Why, you ask? Because the person who asked me to make them is celebrating his birthday tomorrow and he’s been begging me to make lemon bars for him for probably 6 months. Also, HNI, J1B and me talked about lemonade and other lemon products last week and if I were HNI, I would be pretty fucking excited if I were reading this right now cause I’ll be getting lemon bars in my cubicle tomorrow. Just sayin’.
Anyway, so April seems like THE month for 30 day challenges, suddenly. There’s the ‘write a poem a day‘ challenge, which I think I MIGHT try out actually. That means I have to write 2 poems tonight. We’ll see how that goes. But that’s not the one I want to do on this blog. I discovered this 30 day challenge through Gloria on Youtube, and I approve. So here’s yesterday and today:
Day 1: 20 random facts about yourself
1. I’m infatuated with redheads. So I dye my hair red.
2. I want to do naughty things to Jim Parsons. And Tom Felton. and Jonathon Rhys Meyers. And Wentworth Miller. And Jacoby Shaddix. And Pierre Bouvier. And Eddie Redmayne. And Orlando Bloom but only as Legolas. Aaaand…Javier Bardem. There’s more…>_>
3. I love lemon anything. Hard candy? Give it here. Lemon cake, lemon pie, lemon whatever. Put it in my mouth. That’s what she said.
4. I have synesthesia. The grapheme-color kind. And also lexical-gustatory sometimes.
5. Billy Talent has been my favorite band for over a decade.
6. I’ve only ever traveled internationally by plane. How fancy, right? Hahaha.
7. I have an insatiability…when it comes to electronics. More specifically, with cameras. I always want to upgrade. It fills my mouth with a tension when I think about it.
8. Speaking of which, certain physical activities also fill my mouth with tension. One in particular produces (synesthetically) like a tense, blue cloud from the back of my throat up into the inside facing sides of my teeth.
9. I love reading good books. Especially good love stories – the kind that make me cry because they were so sad/damn good.
10. I purposely watch sad movies so I can cry.
11. I had dial-up internet until the end of 2009. It was a nightmare. It should be outlawed.
12. Every once in a while there will be a song on the radio that feels so summery, it gets me so energized that I have little dance sessions.
13. Sometimes I’ll just put on bikini tops for no other reason than to stare at my boobs in them. Yes, you read that right.
14. I have this innate feeling that I was born to lead.
15. I’ve always thought I don’t look good in lipsticks, but I’m starting to find that I actually do look good in them.
16. I like raunchiness. Sexualness doesn’t really phase me in a negative way.
17. I considered going to college to be a sex therapist.
18. I constantly daydream.
19. I often size up guys by imagining what it would be like to be married to them. Kinda like “omg what if that’s my future husband?” and so on.
20. I’m fiercely proud of my Romanian heritage, whether I show it or not. No, I’m not a vampire.
Day 2: Describe 3 legit fears and how they came to be.
1. Doctors/anything medical. I have no fucking idea. I’ve always been afraid of doctors, from my earliest memories. I feel like something terrible must’ve happened involving doctors in a past life or something. But I hate them. It takes a lot of gumption for me to go to the doctor for anything.
2. Going blind. Again, not sure how this one came to be but I think it might’ve been in 7th grade when my eye doctor told me my retina showed signs of detaching. My new eye doctor actually told me the same thing last year. I’ve been trying to freak out too much about that. I can’t do anything without my vision. It’s incredibly important for my field.
3. Snakes/bugs&critters. That’s kind of a given for most people though. I loathe spiders and centipedes and snakes. I can usually deal with spiders somewhat easily. But centipedes and snakes and other disgusting long bugs freak me out. A lot. Especially since I’ve seen a centipede do a FUCKING BACKFLIP.
Now that you have that image in your mind, hope you all have a good night. :)
Today has been an okay kind of day. My brother woke up with his continuous inconsideration of other people in this house – otherwise known as playing music too goddamn loud at 10:30 in the morning on a Sunday when he’s the only one awake.
I waited about an hour mindlessly playing games and watching animated Madeline on Netflix while I waited for my dad to get ready to go food shopping. We had a lot of fun. And by a lot of fun, I mean we didn’t argue about anything, and he drove me places and I got whipped cream so I could make those lemon burst cookies. And I did, when we got back home. They turned out delicious, although flatter than I expected. But just the ones that were in the big pan. Apparently the key is to stick them in a pan with high walls.
I didn’t get to watch Harry Potter today, but that’s okay. There will be time – hopefully. Classes start this week, I might have homework. But it’s not like I spend a lot of time doing homework…I will be catching Once Upon A Time – which, by the way, is a really excellent show, and if you don’t watch it, you should. This is partly why I’m writing this entry so “early” – I may or may not watch Harry Potter afterwards.
It’s late Saturday night and I’m laying here on my bed trying to not think that after tomorrow, school starts up again. Although clearly I am thinking about it since I’m still typing about it. But it’s okay because I bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on DVD tonight at Target.
There is this particular Target in my area that I really like going to because it’s huge and I almost feel like it’s a flagship store because it has a lot of items that the other 2 Targets that I frequent don’t have. I went in to get Harry Potter, and of course, because Target is like the most awesome store to wander around in, I wandered around looking at cosmetics, baking goods, and Christmas plates. I found this particular plate [the bottom one] of interest, although I didn’t buy it because I really want a plain white one. For photography purposes. It was also $6.00. Which isn’t a very bad price, compared to the $10+ for the same thing in different collections in the store.
I also stopped at Meijer to pick up some lemon cake mix because I want to make these cookies tomorrow. I got strawberry cake mix as well because it enticed me. Furthermore, I found Neuro and I was really excited so I bought Bliss and Trim. And I got a bag of whole grain pasta because it was only $1.50 and it makes me really happy.
Also, before I went to work today, I had dunchen [not quite lunch, not quite dinner] with my friends Alyza and Neil and it was quite nice. We went to Applebee’s [my first time] and I got a Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich and it quite delicious. The only thing I didn’t like was the size of the chicken. It was massive. I really don’t require a steak-thick piece of chicken in my sandwich. Also, I did not know that so many black people like Applebee’s.
Lastly, today is my brother’s birthday. This is a picture of a slice of his birthday cake, enjoy!
Last night, my mom and I watched this text-based documentary on Youtube called New America 3. It basically talked about the coming collapse of our banking system and the US dollar, and how it’s already happening and how most people probably won’t and don’t believe it is/will happen, but it is and will continue. This immediately reminded me of a prediction that metaphysical psychologist Carmen Harra has made numerous times that is basically the same thing – that our banking system is going to collapse.
I know this sounds scary, and it is for so many reasons, but interestingly, I’m not as bothered by this as I should be. Or perhaps my mom is. The reason I’m even writing about it at all is because we were talking about it earlier and she was freaking out the way I do when I get paranoid about health related problems. She said she’s been having nightmares in relation to catastrophes and I was like listen dude, you need to calm yo tits. I keep telling her that there’s really nothing she can do, so stop worrying about it. She expressed that in the event that she loses her job, she won’t know what to do. I told her what I tell anyone who’s trying to figure out what to do with their lives: Get creative and do what you love. My personal philosophy is that wealth will come when you are doing what you love and you are happy.
Anyway, on a brighter note: I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 today and didn’t cry! I usually bawl my eyes out when Harry and Hermione are dancing in the tent after Ron leaves, and when Dobby dies. But I guess I wasn’t as emotionally invested in this watching of the movie.
Also, last night while Stumbling, I StumbleUponed this video:
I tried out her method last night and even though my hair was already naturally curled, it did a very nice job of creating the same soft curls she ends up with in the video. To see how to do the sock bun, check out this video.
Lastly, I tried making macaroons today. They turned out to be failaroons. But my parents ate them all!
ETA: New Girl was fucking hilarious tonight. I laughed out lot a lot. I want to friends with Schmidt.