Day 12: 10 favorite actresses
1. Cate Blanchett. Maybe it’s because she’s played the best Elizabeth the First, but she’s just…so amazing. I love her as Galadriel and I love her in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and so much more. She’s beautiful and talented and dynamic.
2. Kate Winslet. Another beautiful and dynamic actress! Titanic is an obvious reference, but she was absolutely wonderful in The Reader. Not to mention, she’s flawlessly gorgeous. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen her naked in nearly every movie I’ve ever watched with her. I approve.
3. Bryce Dallas Howard. I have a thing for redheaded women, as you’ll see, but Bryce Dallas Howard holds a special place. I can watch The Village repeatedly and not get tired of it – I know, I hear people really disliked that movie, but I love it! I can also watch Lady in the Water repeatedly and it’s all because of her. She’s got that beautiful porcelain skin too. Ugh.
4. Miranda Richardson. I love this woman. She’s a super dynamic actress and extremely beautiful and talented and aaah. I mean, Queen Mab, the Lady of the Lake, Queen Rosalind (The Prince and Me), Rita Skeeter, etc etc? She’s spectacular! She’s also a great ginger.
5. Helena Bonhom Carter. This woman is a pure genius. I love everything about her – from her ultry quirky style to her absolutely amazing ability to full get into a role and take it to a whole other level. I mean truly, she’s something else. She deserves all the accolades.
6. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. If you’ve ever watched an Indian movie, you might’ve seen her. She’s a beautiful actress and she played Jodhaa Bai in Jodhaa Akbar – “A sixteenth century love story about a marriage of alliance that gave birth to true love between a great Mughal emperor, Akbar, and a Rajput princess, Jodha.” If you haven’t seen it, you should. It’s on Netflix instant.
7. Hilary Swank. She’s one of those modern “classic” actresses with that old world appeal. She was purely amazing (god I’ve said that word a lot) in Million Dollar Baby and Freedom Writers and I’m pretty sure there’s just more and more good shit that will be coming from her. Plus, according to a The Office episode, she has a perfectly symmetrical face that is apparently highly appealing.
8. Marion Cotillard. If I could spend a day with someone to just stare it, I might choose Marion. She’s an effortlessly beautiful lady with a beautiful accent and just ugh. She’s so pretty and so good at what she does.
9. Christina Hendricks. I love Mad Men. One of my favorite things about Mad Men is Christina Hendricks as Joan. She’s just kinda the epitome of beautiful: curvacious, ginger, and sassy. I love it!
10. Glenn Close. Truly, this woman is an amazing actress. I’ve always loved her in everything she’s done. She’s superb at her craft. Interesting fact: She’s been nominated 6 times for an Oscar and not won once.